Total Pageviews

Thursday 3 September 2009

Juliet

I never said those three words to him,
He wasn't for me, my enemy,
Made me bleed, took all I had and left with a heart in his pocket,
Not mine. I had a power, somehow, to strike him,
My family longed to see him die. So did I.
The way he abused me, the women he claimed to charm,
And he snapped off the bait, idiot!
The brute warmed me, head to toe, a little more ripe for the killing,
We took a brief walk through the family crypt,
He learned a few names, touched my lips,
My blood ran colder than ice,
In the stillness. I pulled the trigger and the air crackled,
He never moved. It was amusing. His eyes
Punctured me, and I felt no sorrow for the anguish he'd caused,
And we made the headlines! 'Romeo and Juliet',
They cuffed me, and my God did it hurt,
The flash snap of photography burned my eyes,
I never cried. It was an adventure,
No tragedy,
When I saw Mrs. Montague there in the throngs
I inhaled the death,
Only then did I frown,
For the bullet had broken me.

Later, an angel told me some bloke called William wrote a play about us,
But he got the story wrong,
Still... me, famous! I always knew I would be someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment